Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Acceptance

Back to work today after being off four days. I suppose I am ready to head back. I have now worked there for two months and still feel like an outsider. There seem to be two frames of mind: original employees and people who started later. Many of these "original" employees had never worked in a restaurant before and have adopted some bad habits. They also are not open to suggestions. So I will keep my 8.5 years experience and use it to my advantage alone.  Corporate also has a policy of only allowing people to work 28 hours a week. So I am scheduled 5 shifts a week and some of these shifts are only 3 hours long. As the only breadwinner in my household, I cannot survive on these hours. Time for a change methinks.

I saw this picture this weekend and it touched me. I have been alone a long time and some of it by choice. I needed the last few years to love myself and get to know me. Ladies if we cannot love and accept ourselves, how can we expect someone else to love and accept us?

I have also come to accept that I push people away whether friends or lovers. I am working on that. Everyone has baggage but how we carry it determines how heavy the load. I have set unrealistic expectations and need to lower them.And No I am not settling but accepting that people have flaws and are human.

I have also decided to listen to some wise advice. There are times when you have to let go of friends, lovers, exes, and even family. Why rely on unreliable people and be surprised when they act the way they always have? That is unrealistic. Find someone more dependable and reliable. There are many other people in this world. Open your heart and life to these changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment